Robert Smith, of Grand Springs Distribution in Alton has been elected to serve as chairman of the International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) Board of Directors for 2019-2020.
IBWA members elected the association’s leadership during the 2019 Annual Business Conference held in Anaheim, California, from Nov. 18-21.
Smith is a member of IBWA’s executive committee and board of directors. He previously served as vice chairman.
Grand Springs bottles water at the source in a controlled environment within its Alton facility for assurance of quality and purity.
The plant is located on 495 acres with numerous pristine spring sources located within the property in a protected environment. These springs have been protected for the purpose of producing premium water products.
The IBWA members approved the following slate of officers for 2019-2020:
• Robert Smith – chairman
• Tara Carraro (Nestlé Waters North America) – vice chairwoman
• Brian Hess (Niagara Bottling) – treasurer
• Lynn Wachtmann (Maumee Valley Bottlers, Inc.) – Immediate Past Chairman
The following IBWA members were elected or re-elected to the board of directors for a three-year term, expiring in 2022:
• Shayron Barnes-Selby (DS Services of America, Inc.)
• Philippe Caradec (Danone Waters of America)
• Tara Carraro (Nestlé Waters North America)
• Brian Hess (Niagara Bottling)
• Doug Hidding (Blackhawk Molding)
• Scott Hoover (Roaring Spring Water)
• Robert Smith (Grand Springs Distribution)
• Lynn Wachtmann (Maumee Valley Bottlers, Inc.)
Other IBWA members who currently serve on the Board of Directors:
• Joe Bell (Aqua Filter Fresh, Inc.)
• Andrew Eaton (Eurofins Eaton Analytical, LLC)
• Dan Kelly (Polymer Solutions International, Inc.)
• Kari Mondt (Allied Purchasing Company)
• Greg Nemec (Premium Waters, Inc.)
• Dennis Rivard (Crystal Mountain Products, Inc.)
• Lou Vittorio (EarthRes Group, Inc.)
• Bill Young (Absopure Water Company, Inc.)